Information on open positions will be posted here.
We currently have an opening for a Library Assistant. To see a full job description, please click HERE.
Position Title: Library Assistant, Youth Services (Part-Time)
Schedule: 28 hours, flexible, including some evenings and a Saturday rotation
Compensation: $16.00-$23.00 per hour DOE
Benefits: Paid holidays and pro-rated vacation time. Strong support to participate in professional development opportunities
About the position:
Peterborough Town Library seeks a creative and passionate team player to assist in the Youth Services Department. The ideal candidate will have an interest in both children’s and young adult services, an ability to dream and vision, and an organized and disciplined work ethic. The Library Assistant to Youth Services participates in all levels of brainstorming, planning, and implementation of our programs, collection development, reader’s advisory, and community outreach. Adaptability and collaborative skills are essential.
Job Duties and Required Skills:
- Works well as a team player and enjoys collaborative sessions
- Knowledge of Children’s and Young Adult literature
- Provides assistance to Youth Services Department, including with collection development, book displays, reader’s advisory, strategic planning, and contributing creative ideas to improve youth services.
- Assists with development, planning, and implementation of all programming for youth services, including early literacy sessions, summer reading program, and special events.
- Assists with development, planning, and implementation of our growing Young Adult Program. This includes independently creating strategies for serving young adults.
- An interest and knowledge of the makerspace movement. Ability to plan maker activities and implement STEM focused programming.
- Covers patron services desk as needed and as part of the Saturday rotation. Completes opening and closing procedures. Interacts with library patrons, answers phones, assists patrons and callers with routine questions and directs them to appropriate departments or staff. Explains routine library policies.
SKILLS EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Enjoy working with people, especially youth, and have a commitment to excellence in customer service
- Able to thrive and maintain a friendly and composed level of service in a fast-paced busy environment
- Communicate with confidence and authenticity in promoting services, programs, and online tools to our patrons
- Fantastic at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
- Curiosity to learn about the library field, participate in professional development opportunities
- Excitement to learn about our community and all it has to offer
- Flexibility to work various days and hours
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- A design sensibility, knowledge of working with images, creating basic flyers, and taking photos
- Professional knowledge of public library operations, policies and procedures preferred
- Working knowledge of library technology products including, but not limited to, the Internet, online databases, automated/integrated library systems, audio/eBook download technology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Any hidden talents welcome
To apply, send a cover letter and a resume to Corinne Chronopoulos, Library Director, at Library@PeterboroughNH.gov by Monday October 9, 2017.
Full job description available here: http://peterboroughtownlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Library-Assistant-Childrens-Library.pdf
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
The Library advertises job openings —
We wish you every success in your search.
The Library Team