April is Poetry Month!
We are so excited about POETRY month! Here are 5 ways to celebrate with PTL.
- The library will feature stick-on poetry in the art section! Write a poem, edit a poem, or start a poem for others to build on!
- The mini-makerspace will feature all things magnetic, including Magnetic Poetry for families and kids! The mission of the mini-makerspace is to learn by making, playing, and creating. We change activities each month, add it to your list of destinations for the kids.
- Read Poetry with the book club! The adult book club will be reading a selection of poetry–pick up a packet at the main desk beginning March 30th. We will meet April 27th at 6pm and April 28th at 11am. Attend one or both clubs and discuss these fantastic poems!
- CHECK OUT OUR POETRY SECTION! Did you know we add new poetry publications every month? Poetry is classified by the Dewey number 811. Stroll over to the stack of 811s and pick out something new to read. We recommend trying Essays After Eighty by Donald Hall.
- Read Poetry with the little people in your life. Try this new book with poetry by Kwame Alexander and photographs by Joel Sartore.