Join us for the Friends of the Peterborough Town Library’s Fall Book Sale
When: Saturday, September 21st and Monday September 23rd
Where: Peterborough Town Library Meeting Hall
All sales will benefit the Peterborough Town Library.
Have items to donate?
The Friends will accept donations during the following days:
Thursday-Saturday, September 5th-7th and September 12th-14th. Please respect drop-off times so the volume of books may be managed by our small staff.
Please read the following guidelines for donations:
- Hardcover and softcover books in good condition, meaning no mold or mildew, markups such as highlighting, or torn pages
- Fiction books, including romance, mysteries, science fiction, and general fiction
- Non-fiction books, including history and biographies, and
- Children’s books
What we don’t want:
- Smelly, moldy, marked up, and torn books
- Reference books, encyclopedias, text books
- Travel, sports, and similar type books that become obsolete after a short period of time, and
- Sheet music, CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, magazines
Donations must be brought to the library help desk, where they will be screened by members of the library staff. We cannot accept books that are moldy or mildewed, marked up, or shopworn. Individuals or families may bring up to two boxes of books to be screened at a time.
Books that cannot be accepted must be removed by the owner. To assist patrons with the disposal of books not suitable for the Friends’ book sales, information regarding alternative venues for disposal will be available at the help desk. Thank you for your understanding!