Please support Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter (MATS) and their week-long effort to bring awareness to these issues in a series of powerful events.
ALL EVENTS ARE FREE
Friday, November 15th:
“What Does it Mean to Feel at Home” Art Show featuring artist from Conval High School at the Peterborough Library 5-7pm with pop-up stories “Hunger & Homelessness: Stories of Hope” being read by local actors from Firelight Theater Workshop at the Peterborough Library. Opening Reception 5-7 pm
Participate in the pop-up stories by submitting your story by November 8!
Your tiny story (100 words or less) should be on the theme, Hunger & Homelessness: Stories of Hope. Selected stories will be read by Firelight actors and ConVal High School students at the art exhibit. Submit to Lisa Rogers and Jason Lambert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, November 16th:
1. Conval Holiday Craft Fair 10-5 pm (MATS info table)
2. The Second Annual Candlepin Classic Fundraiser at Bowling Acres for The Glass Museum 6 pm (collection boxes for MATS and PFP)
Sunday, November 17th:
Sermons on theme of Homelessness and Hunger at the Sunday services-area places of worship
Monday, November 18th:
1. Community Supper at Union Congregational Church 5:30-6:30
2. Movie at Peterborough Community Theater 6 pm-Broken Places. Sponsored by the Monadnock Community Hospital Task Force: Be the Change
Tuesday, November 19th:
1. Lights of Love Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Monadnock Community Hospital at the entrance of the Medical Arts Building 5 pm-fundraiser for MATS
2. Community Supper at All Saint’s Church 5:30-6:30
Wednesday, November 20th:
1.Community Supper at Peterborough Unitarian Universalist Church 5:30-6:30
2. Peterborough Library-6:30 pm-book group discussion Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
Thursday, November 21st:
Movie-What Does Homelessness Look Like? Discussion and info sessionhosted by Eric Bowman and MATS
Hosted by Peterborough Library-6:30 pm
Friday, November 22nd:
Book Group Discussion at Peterborough Library-11:00 am- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
Saturday, November 23rd:
1. Community Dinner at Peterborough Community Center-5-6:30 pm
2. Holiday Stroll-10:00-2:00- churches in Peterborough-MATS information table at UCC
Sunday, November 24th:
Community Breakfast at the Peterborough United Methodist Church 8am-9:15am
Monday, November 25th:
Movie, A Place at the Table at Peterborough Community Theater 7:00 pm-fundraiser and info night for Peterborough Food Pantry.